CLAREMONT INTREPID TREKKERS
ADVENTURE IN NEW YORK CITY!
Sept 26th – Oct 1st , 2019
HARRY & DAVE WILL BE OUR GUIDES AS THEY HAVE BEEN
ENJOYING NYC FOR MANY YEARS
$2995 Person Based
on Double Occupancy
Includes NonStop Air from Denver on United, 5 nights lodging at Hotel Beacon, transportation to/from LGA and Explorer Passes and Planning Weekend at the Claremont Inn & Winery
SMALL GROUP OF 24 PEOPLE
Groups seats on United Airlines departing Denver*
26 Sep 2019 Depart 9:54 AM DEN to New York LGA arrive 3:44 PM
1 Oct 2019 Depart 3:30 PM New York (LGA) to DEN arrive 6:00 PM
Economy seats .... Upgrades are available for additional cost.
*If you need air from another destination, can be arranged for additional pricing.
ADVENTURE PLANNING WEEKEND INCLUDED
We will be able to answer questions and put together specific outings for the group. Getting around NYC is an adventure in itself but certainly part of the fun. We will be using the subway, uber, charter buses and a lot of walking.
Those not able to join us at the Claremont Inn & Winery for this planning session will be able to join us via Skype… so you will be in the loop all the way!
Yes your Planning weekend (Saturday night) stay at the Claremont Inn & Winery is included in the package price.
The list of things to do In NYC is so long you could spend forever trying to do everything. That is why we need a plan. It is also important not to over schedule your time there. Part of the fun is just being there and watching it all happen is show in itself! We like to go into different neighborhoods and take in the character of each unique spot.
Here are some of the ideas we are working on:
- Take a walk on the Upper West side – stop at Zabars and some of the other amazing food markets and then head into Central Park – maybe get lunch at the Boat House or Tavern on the Green…
- And then walk the Museum Mile… or head down 5th Avenue to the greatest shopping on earth…
- Spend an afternoon downtown – check out Wall Street, the World Trade Center memorial site and the 9/11 museum and for the cooking enthusiasts we might take in a cooking class at ICE – the Institute of Culinary Education – now located in the NEW World Trade Center buildings. This is the first cooking school that Dave attended way back when.
- Theatre lovers will want to check out the Broadway plays and all that Time Square has to offer. Standing in line at the TKTS booth for cheap theatre seats is a show in itself… and then you get to go to the theatre that night. We will tell you all about it!
- Want to be on TV? Head over to Rockefeller Center and stalk the Today Show hosts… you never know… Dave got on camera once…
- Spend an afternoon in the Village… do a walking food tour of all the great markets and shops…
- Neighborhood Street Fairs will still be happening on the weekends – It is also going to be Oktoberfest when we are there – maybe Saturday afternoon drinking beer and a polka dance…
- Maybe a sunset cruise to enjoy the dramatic skyline and sip a cocktail.
- Lunch at Eataly – this place is unbelievable – 6 different restaurants in one big hall – A branch of the famed Italian market, offering counters, restaurants & cooking demos. Plus you will get to see the Flatiron Building right across the street. Then we can check out the Chelsea neighborhood…
- Union Square Greenmarket – Saturday morning coffee, bagels and a walk through this incredible fresh market place.
- A Roof Top Bar Cruise – well maybe we will just cruise to one and take in the city lights…
Here is our plan – the Explorer Passes are great for all of the traditional New York City landmarks and the hop-on hop-off buses are a great way to get around to those venues.
· Admission to top New York attractions.
· Choose as you go. Enjoy up to 11 attractions and tours from 82 options, including Empire State Building, Top of the Rock Observatory, Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus Tour, Statue of Liberty Ferry Ticket, AMNH, 9/11 Memorial & Museum, and more.
· Easy to use. Just show your pass at designated ticketing areas and enjoy.
· Sightsee at your own pace. Your pass is valid for 30 days from first use.
- Digital delivery. Use your pass right on your phone and get everything you need to sightsee with the free, easy-to-use Go City Card app.
- And you will get an all week Metro Card - good on the buses and the subway.
- We will plan a group dinner at Gramercy Tavern - transportation and dinner included.
Harry & Dave will help you take in the neighborhoods and funky spots along the way. We will also be helping to plan evening meals. Large groups can be a challenge as many restaurants do not accept them. So we will be able to divide up and find great food… and great experiences for everyone…
Sign up today… we are only taking 10 couples…. So let’s go… NYC!!!