Travel Insurance Options
Remember to protect your travel investment. Losing a vacation is bad, but losing money is even worse. As a travel agent, I want to offer you a total package include travel insurance to protect your investment.
Common travel insurance benefits are: Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption and Trip Delay, Accident & Sickness Medical Expenses, Emergency Medical Evacuation, Baggage and Baggage Delay, 24-Hour Worldwide Telephone Assistance Service to help your clients in the event of an emergency and more.
Every type of travel protection has it's key coverages, but here is a general synopsis of options we offer --
1. Supplier cash back option -- this will generally be more expensive and have certain qualifiers that must be met before the cash back option is invoked, such as reason for cancellation, when the plan was purchased, etc.
2. Supplier future credit option -- this is generally offered in a cancel anytime policy so that if you don't cancel for a covered reason as described below, you get future credit.
3. Outside carrier policy through Allianz Global Assistance -- this is an independent product which we are happy to quote, with costs based on age and amount of coverage.
4. Annual Policy -- Allianz Global Assistance has an annual policy that is available for $280 person that has all the basic coverages and max of $3K for year trip reimbursement costs.
KEY THINGS TO NOTE --
1. Any policy will only pay on "non-reimbursed costs" so first off you must incur costs to file a claim and have those receipts and if you are reimbursed through future credit, as with airline vouchers, it is not considered a non-reimbursed cost and will generally not be covered.
2. If you want coverage for a pre-existing condition or with a Cancel Anytime option, it must be purchased within 7 days of the initial trip deposit.
** TRAVEL AGENTS ARE NOT INSURANCE SALES PEOPLE AND WE CAN NOT TELL YOU WHAT IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER OR MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS. WE CAN SIMPLY GIVE YOU THE DETAILS ON WHAT IS AVAILABLE**
Most all suppliers offer their own insurance which we are happy to get you information on or below are some links to a product provided by Allianz Global Assistance where you can get price quotes and more information.
Covered Reasons for Trip Cancellation & Interruption
If you're planning an incredible family vacation, you need travel insurance benefits to match. OneTrip Premier doubles most of the OneTrip Prime plan's post-departure benefits. With up to $75,000 in emergency medical benefits and up to $1 million in emergency transportation benefits, you know your family's protected. Trip cancellation benefits can reimburse your prepaid, non-refundable expenses — such as vacation rental costs, resort fees, and transportation costs — if you must cancel your trip due to a covered reason. Kids 17 and under are covered free when traveling with a parent or grandparent.
OneTrip Premier also offers a fixed inconvenience payment of $100 for covered travel delays and baggage delays — no receipts required (just proof of delay). If you’re renting a car for your trip, you can upgrade your plan to include the affordable OneTrip Rental Car Protector.
Please note that OneTrip Premier is designed for trips up to 366 days. All benefits are per insured traveler unless otherwise noted.
Classic Plan with Cancel Anytime
If you need to cancel a trip for almost any reason not already covered at 100%, then you'll receive 80% of your non-refundable trip cost back in cash. With features like comprehensive trip cancellation, primary emergency medical coverage and 24-hour travel assistance, the Classic with Cancel Anytime Plan is there if life throws an unexpected wrench in your travel plans. MUST BE PURCHASED AT TIME OF INITIAL TRIP DEPOSIT.
Includes comprehensive coverage for coverage reasons only and, when traveling with a parent or grandparent, kids 17 & under are covered for free. Our most popular plan for vacations, cruises, and tours.
For travelers who prefer affordable coverage, including trip cancellation and lost/damaged baggage benefits. Great for weekend getaways and overnight trips.
Get year-long protection for one low rate, wherever you may roam. The AllTrips Basic plan includes benefits for baggage coverage, travel delays, covered emergency medical care, emergency medical transportation, and rental car damage and theft coverage (available to residents of most states). Virtually any kind of trip is covered: weekend getaways, cross-country road trips, business travel, etc. AllTrips Basic does not include trip cancellation/interruption coverage.
All benefits are per insured unless otherwise noted. All benefits are per trip. Trips longer than 45 days are excluded from coverage.
All policies also now come with the Epidemic Coverage Endorsement -- Explained HERE
NOTE: FOR COVERAGE OF A PRE-EXISTING CONDITION ON ANY POLICY, YOU MUST PURCHASE WITHING 14 DAYS OF DEPOSIT.