Travel Insurance Options
Remember to protect your travel investment. Losing a vacation is bad, but losing money is even worse. As a travel agent, I want to offer you a total package include travel insurance to protect your investment.
Common travel insurance benefits are: Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption and Trip Delay, Accident & Sickness Medical Expenses, Emergency Medical Evacuation, Baggage and Baggage Delay, 24-Hour Worldwide Telephone Assistance Service to help your clients in the event of an emergency and more.
Most all suppliers offer their own insurance which we are happy to get you information on or below are some links to a product provided by Allianz Global Assistance where you can get price quotes and more information.
Be sure to get the TravelSmart Ap before traveling also -- download here...
We are often asked, "should I get insurance or what coverage should I get?" This is a personal decision that can only be made by the individual traveler when weighing their situation and risk tolerance. We can just provide the details of what the coverage will provide!
Here are five reasons why some experienced travelers do choose to get insurance, and to purchase from Allianz Global...
1. Life is unpredictable. Some trips need to be cancelled. With travel insurance, you don't necessarily have to pay for a trip you are unable to take.
2. Airlines mishandled more than 24 million bags in 2014. Allianz Global Assistance can provide coverage to replace needed items if your bags are delayed, damaged, or stolen during your trip.
3. Credit card coverage may not provide sufficient coverage for travel. The free coverage that may or may not be included with your credit card will never be as extensive as a separate travel insurance plan.
4. Sick happens. Nothing can ruin a vacation like getting sick. Travel insurance can provde you with peace of mind -- especially when traveling outside the United States, where many hospitals request cash payments in the thousands before treatment can even begin.
5. Health insurance may not go the distance. Many U.S. health insurance policies (including Medicare and Medicaid) don't cover international travel. And, those that do will likely not cover the cost of medical evacuation back to the U.S. which can cost more than $50,000.
Covered Reasons for Trip Cancellation & Interruption
Classic Plan with Cancel Anytime
If you need to cancel a trip for almost any reason not already covered at 100%, then you'll receive 80% of your non-refundable trip cost back in cash. With features like comprehensive trip cancellation, primary emergency medical coverage and 24-hour travel assistance, the Classic with Cancel Anytime Plan is there if life throws an unexpected wrench in your travel plans.
The Premier plan is designed to make travel less stressful for you and everyone in your household by providing benefits for covered trip interruption and trip cancellation, covered emergency medical care and emergency transportation, lost/stolen or delayed baggage, and rental car damage and theft coverage (available to residents of most states). There is also coverage for hurricane warnings issued within 24 hours of departure as well as pregnancy that comes up after purchase. (this is not a cancel for any reason policy)
Includes comprehensive coverage for coverage reasons only and, when traveling with a parent or grandparent, kids 17 & under are covered for free. Our most popular plan for vacations, cruises, and tours.
For travelers who prefer affordable coverage, including trip cancellation and lost/damaged baggage benefits. Great for weekend getaways and overnight trips.
NOTE: FOR COVERAGE OF A PRE-EXISTING CONDITION ON ANY POLICY, YOU MUST PURCHASE WITHING 14 DAYS OF DEPOSIT.